Championship: To All the Boys I've Loved Before; P.S. I Still Love Yous; and E'er and Forever, Lara Jean
Writer: Jenny Han
Genre: Young Adult Gimmicky
Published On: iv/15/2014, 5/26/2015, 5/2/2017
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Source: Physical
Pages: 355, 337, 325

Synopsis from To All the Boys I've Loved Before: This is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, simply instead wrote each boy a letter most how she felt, sealed it, and hid information technology in a box under her bed.

Just one twenty-four hour period Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her almost the letters: her start buss, the male child from summer camp, even her sister'due south ex-swain, Josh.

Equally she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something skilful may come out of these messages after all.

My Thoughts

To All the Boys I've Loved Earlier saturday on my shelf waiting to be read for years. I ended upward watching the film on Netflix (which is currently gratis, even for non-subscribers!) before I even read the book, something I endeavour to avoid, merely I enjoyed the moving-picture show so much, I finally picked up the book and read it. I beloved Lara Jean. She's sugariness and pure and innocent, and Jenny Han does a great job of writing characters that are accurate and relatable.

When the 2nd movie came out, I knew I wanted to read the book first this time, and I ended upward reading information technology in most a day over Valentine'southward. I wished I would take had time for a reread of the first one because I'd forgotten so much, but I read through a synopsis and continued reading P.S. I Withal Dear You. I watched the film on Valentine's evening, and while I enjoyed it, it was much harder to separate the picture from the book having just finished reading it.

I decided the side by side day not to look another year, and read the terminal volume, Always and Forever, Lara Jean, which made me smiling and cry and swoon. Information technology was a lovely conclusion for Lara Jean, and I can't wait for the final film which has already wrapped filming.

This series brought back memories of my own loftier schoolhouse years, not actually with specific events, only more of the general feeling of how information technology felt to be young, eager for modify, merely as well scared for it. I also enjoyed the relationships betwixt Lara Jean and her sisters, Margot and Kitty. I loved that they struggled to always put each other first, even when it wasn't the easiest option.

While the reader could choice apart these books and observe issues with Lara Jean, she came across to me as completely naive, kind, and a typical teenager trying to figure herself out while also clinging to familiar things in her growing and changing world. These three books volition remain on my shelves waiting to exist reread once more someday.

Rating:

#ASongForABook

{On Bookstagram I created a hashtag for when I include a vocal that reminds me of the book I'k sharing, #ASongForABook. I've decided to use it here, also.}

I've chosen Steal My Daughter by One Direction. This song was included in Jenny Han'due south playlist at the back of P.South. I Yet Love You, and I think it encompasses the youth and overall free energy of the books. And the lyrics fit, likewise. 😉

If you're interested in a more than lengthy playlist, the author has created one for each volume. The one for To All the Boys I've Loved Before can be found here on Amazon nether Editorial Reviews. The other books include them at the dorsum (at least in the paperback editions that I own).

Accept you read this series? Or is it on your tbr? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering!